Which are the Best Golf Fairway Woods for mid handicappers and beginners?
Are you a mid-handicapper or a beginner struggling with your fairway woods? Get the latest woods with updated technologies, for better distance and forgiveness. Enjoy your game.
Which are the best High end Golf Fairway Woods for mid handicappers and beginners? Around 200 $
Which are the best Budget Golf Fairway Woods for mid handicappers and beginners? Around 100 $
List of Contents
- Best High end Golf Fairway Woods for mid handicappers and beginners
- Best Budget Golf Fairway Woods for mid handicappers and beginners
- Review of Callaway Epic Flash Fairway Wood
- Review of Cobra King F9 Speedback Fairway Wood
- Review of Taylor Made Men’s RBZ Fairway Woods
- Review of Pinemeadow PGX Offset Golf Fairway Woods
- Q&A Golf Fairway Woods!
- What to consider when choosing golf woods for a BEGINNER?
- Main factors in picking golf woods for a MID HANDICAPPER
- Tips to pick a golf woods for a SENIOR
- Things to consider when picking golf woods for LADIES
- Main factors in picking WOODS SET
- What to think about when choosing a golf woods for SLOW SWING SPEED?
- What to consider when choosing golf woods for SLICERS?
- Tips to pick a golf woods for DISTANCE
- Things to consider when picking BUDGET golf woods
- What to think about when choosing a golf woods to HIT OFF TEE?
- Main factors in picking a golf wood to HIT OFF DECK
Callaway Epic Flash Fairway Wood
🥇 Best All-round Fairway Woods
What are the features of Callaway Epic Flash Fairway Wood?
The Epic Flash fairway wood got a new Callaway technology called Flash Face to help golfers get increased ball speed for more distance. Flash Face contains an entirely new method to give golfers an innovative hot face that provides a boost in distance by increasing ball speed in the face’s center region. Designed with the help of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, the Flash Face design is a big departure from any older Callaway face technology.
- New Flash Face Technology for increased Ball Speed : Callaway engineers included learnings from Artificial Intelligence to develop a new fairway wood face design that promotes increased ball speed for longer distance.
- Jailbreak Technology for Better Ball Speed : The Jailbreak bars strengthen and stabilize the club head and sole, placing more impact load on the club face to increase the ball speed.
- Fixed Sole Weighting for simpler Launch and increased Distance : A fixed weight placed near the back of the sole repositions the Center of Gravity to promote consistent launch and high, long carrying flight.
- Forged Carpenter Steel Face Cup for Increased Speed : Forged 455 Carpenter steel design is incorporated with Face Cup technology to promote fast ball speed across the face for distance on center and off center hits.
- New OptiFit Hosel For improved Launch and Optimal Flight : Callaway develop an entirely new hosel system that’s shorter and lighter; the reduced weight is used to reposition the CG for better launch, height and long carrying flight.
- This is one of the Best All-round Fairway Woods.
Callaway Epic Flash Fairway Wood Specifications
- Handicap Range :
- Hand Availability :: Left, Right
- Left Handed Lofts :: 15°- 18°- 20°- 21°
- Right Handed Lofts :: 13.5°-15°- 18°-20°, 21°- 23°- 25°
- Head Material :: Steel
- Lie :: 56°
- Club Length :: 43 inches
- Swing Weight :: D2
- Adjustability :: Loft, Face Angle
- Shafts :: Project X Even Flow shaft, Mitsubishi Tensei AV shaft, Project X HZRDUS Smoke shaft
- Shaft Types :: Graphite
- Shaft Flex :: Regular, Stiff
- Shaft Weight :: 40g to 80g
- Grip :: Golf Pride grip
- Number & Loft :: 3+ Fwy 13.5°, 3 Fwy 15°, 5 Fwy 18°, 7 Fwy 21°, 9 Fwy 3°,11 Fwy 25°
What are the pros and cons of Callaway Epic Flash Fairway Wood?
- Not adjustable
Cobra King F9 Speedback Fairway Wood
🥇 Most forgiving Fairway Woods
What are the features of Cobra King F9 Speedback Fairway Wood?
The KING F9 SPEEDBACK fairway got built in Baffler Rails, SPEEDBACK Technology, and precision CNC milling to provide the ultimate mix of speed, distance and accuracy. Excellent for 15-30 handicaps with moderate to faster swing speeds looking for maximum distance, forgiveness and high launch with an optimal shape. The excellent precision of CNC milling is mixed with innovative SPEEDBACK with Baffler Rail Technology, providing the longest, fastest and most accurate fairways woods ever.
- Ultimate Speed Formula : Developers at Cobra created the fairway wood with an very light carbon crown, this lightweight construction mixed with 360 Aero polymer and steel sole trips on the club head, to give a highly aerodynamic shape to provides maximum speed, stability and even an increased forgiveness.
- CNC Precision Milled Face : This innovative fairway wood is the first ever to be developed with the help of machine to increase the performance. The face has been developed with a high quality milled forged stainless steel, to provide the thinnest, hottest, and precise club face.
- COBRA CONNECT Powered by Arccos : This system is engineered by Arccos and can be used with your smartphone via a free Arccos Caddie smartphone application. This system automatically monitors your distance and accuracy of your shot, so you can monitor performance data, and use over 40,000 golf courses worldwide with GPS data.
- MyFly8 Technology with Smart Rail : Eight simple adjustable loft settings to manage trajectory and fine tune launch conditions to increase performance on any golf course, and for any swing. Smart rail helps to keep your club head square at impact, irrespective of your loft setting.
- This is the Most forgiving Fairway Woods available.
Cobra King F9 Speedback Fairway Wood Specifications
- Handicap range :
- Colours :: Black & Yellow or Satin Black & Avalanche
- Grip :: Lamkin Crossline
- Shaft options :: High launch & mid spin :: Helium 60
Mid launch & mid spin :: Fujikura ATMOS
- Availability :: RH (LH available in custom)
- Loft :: 3-4 Fwy 13° to 16°
- Loft :: 5-6 Fwy 17° to 20°
- Loft :: 7-8 Fwy 21° to 24°
What are the pros and cons of Cobra King F9 Speedback Fairway Wood?
- Bright Color
Taylor Made Men's RBZ Fairway Woods
🥇 Best Bargain Fairway Wood
What are the features of Taylor Made Men's RBZ Fairway Woods?
The RocketBallz fairway woods are easy to hit, innovative and at an affordable price point. Each RBZ fairway wood has technology that will increase your ball speed and help you to improved yardage. We would definitely recommend giving these clubs a test. You will experience an excellent and top performing fairway wood that’s out in the market. RBZ fairway woods are highly affordable and forgiving on miss-hits.
- Faster Fairway Wood : RocketBallz fairway wood has improved features to get you more distance. The Speed Pocket is designed to increase speed, promote optimal launch and more spin.
- Shallower Face : Compared to the earlier Taylormade Fairway woods, RocketBallz Fairways are designed with a much lower profile and shallower clubface to make it very easy to launch the ball into the air.
- Thick-Thin Crown Technology : Varying the thickness of the crown helps to save weight that’s intentionally placed to move the CG lower and farther forward. Lowering the CG induces a higher launch angle, while moving it forward gives a faster ball speed.
- This is one of the Best Bargain Fairway Woods available.
Taylor Made Men's RBZ Fairway Woods Specifications
- Handicap Range ::
- Golfer :: Mens Womens
- Hand Availability :: Left, Right
- Material :: Steel
- Shaft Types :: Graphite
- Shaft Flex :: Stiff – Regular – Light – Ladies
What are the pros and cons of Taylor Made Men's RBZ Fairway Woods?
- Not adjustable
Pinemeadow PGX Offset Golf Fairway Woods
🥇 Cheapest Fairway Wood
What are the features of Pinemeadow PGX Offset Golf Fairway Woods?
The PGX offset Series of fairways woods are developed in 7 different Lofts. As many these woods have improved forgiveness and are easier to hit. It is one reason why more and more players changing in their traditional irons for a lot easier to hit high loft fairway wood.
- ANTI SLICE TECHNOLGY: The technology has existed for years but is more and more popular for mid handicappers, beginners and long time golfers. The PGX Offset fairway woods provides an increased offset in the clubface.
- IMPROVED PLAY: This club design lets you a little more time to square the face at impact allowing you to hit the ball straighter and longer.
- GRAPHITE SHAFT: Woods comes with the PGX Graphite shaft. The shaft , mixed with the stainless steel club head provides you the best performance out on the fairway.
- HEADCOVER: All fairway woods are provided with a headcover to protect the club while it is being carried in your golf bag.
- This is one of the Cheapest Fairway Woods.
- Handicap range :
Pinemeadow PGX Offset Golf Fairway Woods Specifications
|Face angle (deg)||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Men’s Std. Length (in)||43||42||42||42||42||42||42|
|Ladies Std. Length (in)||42||41||41||41||41||41||41|
What are the pros and cons of Pinemeadow PGX Offset Golf Fairway Woods?
- Very Draw Biased
How to buy the best Golf Fairway Woods? A Buying Guide for mid handicappers and beginners
- What are the uses of a of a fairway wood?
- What are the 2 types of the club faces of fairway woods?
- What is a loft of a fairway wood?
- What are the shaft options for a fairway wood?
- What are fade, draw and neutral path of a golf ball?
What are the uses of a golf fairway wood?
- To hit fairway woods from tee. Either as a shorter alternative to the driver or ability to hit the ball more safely.
- To be able to use on fairways or other places where they will replace the long irons that can be difficult to hit.
- To reach the par 5’s in two shots.
What are the 2 types of the club faces of golf fairway woods?
You have a choice to make when it comes to the shape of the club head itself. Club heads that have a flatter bottom are better suited to mowing the grass as they will slide under. If the club head instead has a more rounded bottom part, it is better adapted to hit off the tee. You can look at the pictures and you will see two different types of fairway woods. You can hit a fairway wood with a flatter bottom from the tee in the same way you hit from the fairway. The difference is that they are a bit simpler. But whether it suits you or not can be only said after you tested it.
What is a loft of a golf fairway wood?
What are the shaft options for a golf fairway wood?
It is quite common for manufacturers to sell fairway woods that have a steel shaft. Usually, it is the low handicapper who wants a steel shaft. Graphite shafts are available in a variety of designs and stiffness. Thus, finding a shaft that fits your play should not be any problem.
What are fade, draw and neutral path of a golf ball?
Q&A Golf Fairway WOODS!
What to think about when choosing a golf woods for SLOW SWING SPEED?
If your swing speed is low, then its recommended that you use a well lofted wood, ideally a loft of 20 degrees or more. Also pick a shaft that is lighter and suitable for slower swing speeds.
What to consider when choosing golf woods for SLICERS?
For slicers, you need a draw biased or anti slice club head, where the center of gravity (CG) is shifted toward the heel. A shot with such a wood will give a draw spin to the ball and will correct your slice.
Tips to pick a golf woods for DISTANCE
Your distance with a golf fairway wood depends on the initial speed of the ball, launch angle trajectory, and spin rate. You want to hit a long distance, with accuracy.
- Get a low spinning woods – moving the weight from the back to the front setting will decrease the spin and increase carry distance.
- Decrease your loft – test to reduce your loft, for more total distance.
- Remove the old worn grips – Worn out grips makes a golfer to hold the club tighter. Hold the club with a relaxed grip.
Things to consider when picking BUDGET golf woods
When choosing a budget or cheap fairway wood, make sure that its not FAKE. The fake clubs are very common now days, and very hard to spot as an amateur. Our advice is to try the woods at your driving range practice or a simulator before confirming the purchase.
What to think about when choosing a golf woods to HIT OFF the TEE?
If the fairway wood head got a more rounded bottom part, it is better adapted to hit off the tee.
Main factors in picking a golf wood to HIT OFF DECK
A fairway wood with a head that have a flatter bottom is ideal to hit the ball off the fairway as it mows the grass as it will slide under.
What to consider when choosing golf woods for a BEGINNER?
As a high handicapper or a novice, distance and forgiveness, are the two critical things you want from your woods. You could try a game improvement wood, which usually is designed to give you more forgiveness with distance. You want more forgiveness for your miss hits.
Main factors in picking golf woods for a MID HANDICAPPER
As an intermediate or average golf player, you should be looking for a fairway wood with a good balance of forgiveness and distance control. You want to hit more targets but also with a decent forgiveness.
Tips to pick a golf woods for a SENIOR
The average swing speed of a senior golfer is under 90 mph. So its advisable to use a Regular flex or Senior flex. These shafts are softer and lighter.
Also try woods that have lofts of 20 degrees or more. Then you should be able to get the ball easily in the air.
Things to consider when picking golf woods for LADIES
Average women’s swing speed is 60-70 mph. Its is recommended that you use a shaft that is ladies flex, which is lighter and suitable for slower swing speeds.
Also try a well lofted fairway wood, ideally a loft of 20 degrees or more. It will be easier to get the ball up in the air.
Main factors in picking golf WOODS SET
The key to finding the best fairway wood set for your game is to space them out in a way that provides the most distance and consistency between each club.
If your swing speed is high, then you need less loft to get the ball high. Ideally if the swing speed of your 3 wood is in excess of 100 mph, then your loft should be between 13-15 degrees. And if the swing speeds below 100 mph, 15-17 degrees of loft will give you the best mix of high launch with ideal spin, the perfect scenario for increased distance.
Please check here for fairway woods loft ideas