Which are the Best Golf Rangefinders for beginners and Mid-handicappers?
In golf, finding the correct distance to a mark is key for club selection. We list the best rangefinders in the market for beginners and mid handicappers, to improve their distance control.
Which are the best High-end Golf Laser Rangefinders for Beginners and Mid Handicappers? Around 300 $
Which are the best middle range Golf Laser Rangefinders for Beginners and Mid Handicappers? Around 200 $
Which are the best Budget Golf Laser Rangefinders for Beginners and Mid Handicappers? Around 100 $
List of Contents
- Best High-end Golf Laser Rangefinders
- Best middle range Golf Laser Rangefinders
- Best Budget Golf Laser Rangefinders
- Review of Bushnell Pro X2 Golf Laser Rangefinder
- Review of Precision Pro NX7 Slope Rangefinder
- Review of CaddyTek Golf Laser Rangefinder
- Review of TecTecTec VPRO500 Golf Rangefinder
- Review of TecTecTec VPRODLX Golf Rangefinder
- Review of Yundoo Golf Rangefinder
Bushnell Pro X2 Golf Laser Rangefinder
🥇 Best All-round Golf Laser Rangefinder
What are the features of Bushnell Pro X2 Golf Laser Rangefinder?
A beginner or a mid handicapper golfer can use this great rangefinder that will assist him/her to understand the distance to the flag or to measure the distance to any point on the golf course. A rangefinder is a must tool in the hands of a golfer. Other gadgets one can use are GPS watches, Smartphone apps etc. The Bushnell Laser Rangefinder is an excellent rangefinder that exists in the market today. On the course, the rangefinder is one of many tools that can help a golfer to save many shots and help to lower the handicap. Bushnell is the industry leader for over 60-years, and Pro X2 Rangefinders are their latest product to the market.
- SLOPE SWITCH INNOVATION: Slope Switch innovation allows the golfer to easily switch in and out of the patented Slope function. This lets the golfer to conveniently use Slope to get adjusted distances around the golf course when they need it, and have a USGA conforming unit that is legal for tournament play.
- DUAL DISPLAY INNOVATION: Unique to the Pro X2. With the easy press of the Mode button, Dual Display innovation lets the golfer to readily switch between a red display or black display based on lighting conditions or personal choice.
- PINSEEKER JOLT INNOVATION: PinSeeker JOLT innovation allows the user, with short vibrations, to get a precise confirmation that the laser has locked onto the flag on the green. Jolt innovation eliminates all doubt. Feel the precise distance… feel the jolt vibrations!
- SLOPE COMPENSATION : Slope compensation measures and computes distance depending on the degree of slope.
- The New Generation E.S.P. (Extreme Speed and Precision) will make sure all this happens fast. This unit got a 6X magnification that can be ideal for hunting and golfing. This product is made from quality materials and a rubber grip, with an IPX7 waterproof rating. A 16mm eye relief comes with the eyepiece for a wide angle view and improved focus.
- The Best All-round Golf Laser Rangefinder in the group.
Bushnell Pro X2 Golf Laser Rangefinder Specifications
- Display Type: Dual Display Technology, LED-Red, LCD-Black
- Yard Range: 5-1300 yards
- Magnification: 6X 21 mm objective diameter
- Dimensions: 1.5-4-3 inches, 8 oz
- Tournament Legal: Yes
- Waterproof: Yes
- Measuring System: Yards-Meters
- Measuring Distance: Line of sight-Slope
- Build in accessory mount: no
What are the pros and cons of Bushnell Pro X2 Golf Laser Rangefinder?
- Accuracy, Range
- Battery Life
Precision Pro NX7 Slope Rangefinder
🥇 Best Performing Golf Laser Rangefinder
What are the features of Precision Pro NX7 Slope Rangefinder?
Precision Pro Golf is a brand that focus on making great golf rangefinders for beginner or a mid handicapper golfers. The NX7 is one of their most advanced models in the market. It contains a cool black and green design with hex texturing on the outside. However, its main limitation is a very short range.
- Adaptive Slope Innovation : NX7 Pro’s Adaptive Slope feature computes the shot with elevations. It provides the adjusted yardages measuring the uphill and downhill slope. No more guessing on the golf course. Also, you can switch between slope and tournament legal non slope settings with one switch.
- Pulse Vibration Innovation : The Pulse Vibration Innovation is used in NX7 Pro. This technology gives a quick Pulse when locked on to the target point. This helps you to speed up the golf game and increase your confidence standing over each shot. Confidence in golf is very vital to shooting lower scores.
- TAG – Target Acquisition Innovation : This technology focus on the target areas and locks onto the target to make sure that correct distances to the target, not the things behind the target. TAG innovation makes very easy to lock on the target even if you have an unsteady hand.
- 6X Magnification : NX7 Pro Built with super clear optics and has 6x magnification capacity. It can bring the flag 6 times closer, to give you better vision and target planning. This is an important feature, especially when you are far away from the target.
- Multi Distance Mode : NX7 Pro allows you to toggle between yards and meters based on your measuring unit. If you are in USA then you would like to measure your target distance in yards, and other Non-US players may want to check the distance in meters. Its all done with the press of a button.
- Accuracy +- 1 Yard : Accuracy is assured within +- 1 yard. It will help you to pick the right club each time with confidence.
- 400 Yard Measurements : The NX7 Pro range measuring strength is 400 yards. You can target water, bunkers, trees and other hazards.
- Water Resistant and Shock Proof design : NX7 Pro is a water resistance unit but it’s not completely waterproof. But you can use it with your wet hands or during light rain without any problems. Also, the shock proof design will protect your unit from accidental drop on the golf course.
- 2 Year warranty : The NX7 comes with 2 years warranty
- Free Battery : Precision Pro provides lifetime free battery replacement for NX7 Pro.
- The Best Performing Golf Laser Rangefinder in the group.
- Cleaning Cloth
- Protection Plan
- Instruction Manual
- Premium Carrying Case
- CR2 3v Battery
Precision Pro NX7 Pro Slope Rangefinder Specifications
- adaptive slope innovation
- pulse vibration innovation
- TAG – target acquisition innovation
- accuracy +- 1 yard
- 1/10 yard measurements
- 400 yard measuring range
- 283 grams of weight
- water-resistant design
- shock proof design
- 6x magnification
- multi distance mode
- tournament legal
- 2-year warranty
What are the pros and cons of Precision Pro NX7 Slope Rangefinder?
- Battery Life
- Short range
- Poor battery door design
CaddyTek Golf Laser Rangefinder
🥇 Most Versatile Golf Laser Rangefinder
What are the features of CaddyTek Golf Laser Rangefinder?
CaddyTek is a brand that mainly develop golf pushcart, and CaddyView V2 model is their only laser golf rangefinder you can purchase from this company. This unit is under $200, and it’s a good fit for beginner or a mid handicapper golf player who is looking for a great golf rangefinder. It got a 4+ rating in amazon which is a very good score. This laser rangefinder has a mode-switching function. It can be easily changed between non-slope and slope compensation distance display. Thus, it comes handy for many golf players.
- One of the main features we liked about this rangefinder is its simplicity and ease of use. Its scan mode is very intuitive, as it let you scan multiple targets, providing you the distance measurements in the process. You can easily choose the correct target thanks to this feature.
- Size & Weight : Weight is less than 12 ounces and it measures 4.1 – 1.5 – 2.9 inches. It is one of the most compact rangefinders with slope that you can find in the market today. Easily kept in your pocket while golfing.
- Weatherproof : This model got a waterproof body, which makes it a great partner on the golf course.
- Accuracy and Speed : This rangefinder is highly accurate and quick to lock on to the target. It usually picks up the pin within the first or second shot.
- One feature that’s missing in Caddytek is an auto scan option.
- The Most Versatile Golf Laser Rangefinder.
CaddyTek Golf Laser Rangefinder Specifications
- Magnification: 6X
- Scan mode: Scan the landscape to get multiple readings
- Range: 5 to 800 yards & 5 to 250 yards to golf flag.
- Accuracy: +- 1 yard
- Power source – CR2 3V battery is included.
- Display: LCD
- IPX4 Waterproof design
- Weight: Less than 8 oz
- Dimensions: 4.1 x 2.9 x 1.5 inches
What are the pros and cons of CaddyTek Golf Laser Rangefinder?
- Accuracy, Range
- Battery Life
- Waterproof design
- No auto scan option
TecTecTec VPRO500 Golf Rangefinder
🥇 Most Underrated Golf Laser Rangefinder
What are the features of TecTecTec VPRO500 Golf Laser Rangefinder?
The TecTecTec VPRO 500S is an excellent golf rangefinder that is ideal for a beginner or a mid handicapper golfer who wants a unit that is of excellent quality without having to spend much. This model is user friendly and has a light and compact design which enable you to store and carry around easily. This rangefinder got an Auto Target acquisition technology and PinSlope that enables you get accurate data, adjusted for slope. The rain and dust proof construction is very useful, as it is easy to use and keeps the maintenance simple.
- Auto Target Acquisition: This innovation is one of the factors that set VPRO 500S apart from the other rangefinders on the market. It helps to identify the flag from other objects behind it by removing the signals back from massive objects such as trees and buildings.
- PinSlope innovation : Provides you the actual distance that can be adjusted for slope if you want or without the adjustment and therefore making it legal for use in tournaments.
- Range: It is a high quality unit with a range of 540 yards, and it maintains an excellent accuracy of +- 1 yards.
- Rainproof Construction: The construction helps to keep water away, and this makes it possible to use the rangefinder under wet conditions. It is also dustproof and easy to clean.
- 6x Monocular: The lens got a multilayer coating, and this provides the clear and bright images.
- Lightweight and Compact: The unit’s weight is only 7 ounces and the compact design makes transportation and storage easy.
- The Most Underrated Golf Laser Rangefinder.
TecTecTec VPRO500 Golf Laser Rangefinder Specifications
- Yard range: 5 to 540 yards
- Magnification: 6X
- Objective Lens: 24mm
- Dimensions: 104-72-41mm, 185 gram
- Working Temperature: -20 to 50°C
- Display Type: LCD Black
- Waterproof: No.
- Display Type: LCD black
What are the pros and cons of TecTecTec VPRO500 Golf Laser Rangefinder?
- Accuracy, Range
- Battery Life
- Shock and dust resistant body
- Not 100% waterproff
TecTecTec VPRODLX Golf Rangefinder
🥇 Best Bargain Golf Laser Rangefinder
What are the features of TecTecTec VPRODLX Golf Rangefinder?
The range of measurement with TecTecTec VPRODLX rangefinder is a lot longer than other brands. The unit is accurate and very suitable for beginner or a mid handicapper golfer. The measurement and functions are changed depending on the desire of the user. The functions can be changed and handled easily. The frequent changes and accuracy make sure that this is the ultimate product that anyone desires. Your golf game can be improved drastically by using this product. The clear view is achieved by this rangefinder with the support of dioptre adjustment. The person using it sees the target clearly, and can identify the distance with the support of high quality technology used in this unit.
- This model is made of high quality laser technology. The range of this golf rangefinder is from 5 to 600 yards which is far greater than all the other ones. It can measure long distances with excellent accuracy.
- The overlapping objects are measured with the support of flag seeker technology. This is an advanced technology which measures the exact location on the golf course. The elevations are kept in consideration while calculating the distance. The measurement is completed while taking in to account multiple dimensions.
- The construction of this unit is done to keep it waterproof. The magnification capacity of this VPRODLX is 6 times which is great for distant targets. Clear and bright images can be achieved by aiming correctly. The multiple layers of protection keeps it safe from bad weather conditions.
- This is a complete package with a nice quality bag, strap, battery and a cloth for cleaning. The cloth is made of microfibers to keep the lens safe. Battery is very durable, to make sure that unit works longer on the golf course,
- The Best Bargain Golf Laser Rangefinder.
TecTecTec VPRODLX Golf Rangefinder Specifications
- Yard Range : 5-600 yards
- Accuracy : +- 1 yard
- Magnification : 6X
- Main Features : Advanced PinSensor Innovation
- Long measurement range
- Multilayer coating lens
- Waterproof? Yes
- Dimensions : 4.1 – 2.8 – 1.6 inches
- Weight : 180 grams
- Battery type CR2 lithium ion is included.
- Warranty 2 Years
What are the pros and cons of TecTecTec VPRODLX Golf Rangefinder?
- Accuracy, Range
- Battery Life
- Shock and dust resistant body
- Changing between modes is difficult
Yundoo Golf Rangefinder
🥇 Cheapest Golf Laser Rangefinder
- Pulse Vibration Innovation
- Measures up to 650 yards
- Distance measurement accuracy: ±1 yards
- Flagpole locking innovation
- Ramp compensation innovation
- The Cheapest Golf Laser Rangefinder
- Suitable for beginner or a mid handicapper golfer
- Accuracy, Range
- Battery Life
How to buy a good Golf Laser Rangefinder? Buying guide
- What are the most common golf rangefinder features?
- What is the difference between GPS Watches and a Laser rangefinder?
- Are you allowed to use Golf Laser Rangefinders in tournaments?
- How to use a Golf Laser Rangefinder?
The best rangefinders have taken the guessing game out of a golf round. Amateurs now don’t have to play the tricky game of finding the closest distance marker to find out what’s the distance for his or her next shot.
The problem with the guesswork is that amateurs have tough time computing how the slope affects the distance required for the next shot. For instance, maybe a player hits their 8 iron 140 yards. Let say their second shot is exactly 150 yards from the marker. However, the fairway is uphill. When the player swings their 8-iron, and it falls short of the green, they’ll assume that they miss-hit the club. In reality, the golfer failed to think about the slope of the fairway which adds to the required distance to the green.
A good laser golf rangefinder will take all of the doubt and guesswork out of the game. This will give correct distance that allows the golfer to be fearless and hit every long distance shot with confidence.
So, what does one got to do before searching for the best range finder for your game? Below we will give you a comprehensive guide to golf rangefinders, which will help you find the correct yardage to the greens or any other point on a golf course. Calculating the correct yardage is one of the key factors in reducing your scores!
The most common golf rangefinder features
A reliable and correct reading from a rangefinder is the device’s most important task. Low standard rangefinders that offer inaccurate yardages is pointless to purchase.
When checking for a stable and trustworthy golf distance finder, look for models which will deliver correct measurements within a yard of the target. Once you buy a rangefinder, you should try to test it to make sure that the readings are correct.
The slope function on a rangefinder helps to find out the precise distance required for a shot, while accounting for the elevation changes from the green to the fairway.
Advanced golfers love having the slope feature, for shots within one hundred fifty yards thanks to the preciseness of the readout. Birdie putts from shorter distances have a better chance of going in; so, distance control is key for those approach shots.
Much like good binoculars, smart rangefinders have high-quality optical lenses to see through, to compute distance & targets. Many good rangefinders have magnification that goes up to 6x. The higher the magnification, the closer you seem to the target.
Most rangefinders can offer you a range that covers well over 1000 yards and can give you with a distance to the flag within roughly 450 yards.
Most rangefinders in the market use either re-chargeable batteries or batteries that you can find in most stores. Rangefinders don’t use a lot of power when doing their readings, thus batteries will last over several rounds before they have to be recharged.
Scan speed is the time it takes the rangefinder to lock on to a target. The better quality the rangefinder, the faster it will process the target thanks to its higher computing speed.
Rarely, you’ll expect to press down the button or trigger of your rangefinder for over 10 seconds, for the device to totally scan the target zone.
The top golf rangefinders are waterproof, making them fully safe to use in rainy weather. It is necessary to dry the device between uses when playing in the rain, so the residual water doesn’t stay on the rangefinder.
What is the difference between GPS Watches and a Laser rangefinder?
Rangefinders utilize a laser to compute the distance. This is different from a GPS device or watch that depends on a satellite for the distance measurement. Most golfers like a laser assisted rangefinder as they are much more accurate than a GPS device.
Laser rangefinders have a big advantage, that they are very simple to use. You aim it at a flag, a hazard or the lip of a fairway bunker…press a button; note your number; choose the right golf club; and make your normal swing.
GPS devices have a technological advantage. Most well liked models additionally allow you to do tasks like keeping score for your foursome, following your club selection, and measuring your drives. The criticism regarding GPS devices is that their accuracy will vary, sometimes by a yard.
Laser rangefinders do need some care. You can’t leave them in the trunk of your car or use during rainy weather as it affects the accuracy of the laser. Same goes for GPS devices and watches as they have an equal level of maintenance.
If there’s a deciding factor between the 2 devices, advanced golfers greatly like laser rangefinders within 160 yards. The improved accuracy helps to decide the right distance for a shot into the green.
Are you allowed to use Golf Laser Rangefinders in tournaments?
The USGA Rule 14-3 states that it is illegal for a golf player to use a rangefinder or other electronic measuring devices. There are of course exceptions, however, to the current rule. The USGA has additionally declared that rangefinders and alternative devices may be used and shared by golfers employing a “Local Rule” exception.
What this implies is that local clubs and courses can circumvent USGA Rule 14-3 for tournaments permitting players to use distance-measuring devices. Players who use these devices are not allowed to share with other players within the tournament.
As per USGA, once the Local Rule is imposed, “you might use any application or device to compute distance, provided you are not using any feature on the device that, if used, would be a breach of Rule 14-3.
Before the 2012 season, the PGA formally banned the use of rangefinders in tournament play. But, players free use them during practice rounds and Pro-Am rounds before the tournament formally begins.
Most pros use the rangefinders during the practice rounds, to measure yardages from certain landing areas they expect to hit their second shots. By noting these distances in their yardage book before the tournament, the players will feel assured that they hit the right club on every shot.
The rule extends to caddies also. Tour caddies cannot use the rangefinders when playing a round, or else the player will be penalised with two-stroke penalty. Any further use of rangefinder use violations by the player or caddy can lead to a disqualification.
How to use a Golf Laser Rangefinder?
Using a golf rangefinder is similar to using a binocular. With your hands, the player looks through a lens to concentrate on a selected spot on the golf course. Then, the player presses a button, and the laser determines the distance to the chosen mark.
Much like binoculars, the golfer should hold the rangefinder steady to lock on the object that the he or she is measuring.
Some rangefinders have a lot of advanced options, like accounting for elevation changes that can come handy, for instance, when the player hits the ball into an uphill fairway. If the slope options are utilised, then the player read the actual yardage to the mark (including the elevation difference), with a press of a button.
One of the negatives of laser rangefinders is that you require a clear line of sight to the target. For example, when there are trees on your line of sight to the intended target.
If you are using rangefinders during casual rounds, then a slope feature comes in really handy. The slope features in the device takes in to account the uphill or downhill lies on a golf course, which will help you get a correct distance.
Even though you can’t use the slope feature in a tournament play, measuring slope during practice rounds really help you with the yardage and shot making.
Q&A Golf Laser RANGEFINDERS!
What is a golf rangefinder with SLOPE?
Many times, there are differences in elevation between yourself and the target, or between two points. For example, a flag on top of a hill. You are not hitting the ball in a straight line, but more in an arc. As the ball hit the peak of the arc, it will fall, and depending on the slope, this could definitely affect the distance of your shot. With the slope function on, the rangefinder will calculate the angle of the return of your ball. It will take into consideration all the slopes and objects in the path and give you a correct distance, so that you can master the distance control.
Things to consider when picking a BUDGET golf rangefinder
There are a few things you need to consider before getting a budget rangefinder.
- Range covered :: The basic ones can cover about 400 yards. Is it enough?
- Size and Weight : Too big to put inside your pocket?
- Ease of use : How easy is it to use? You dont want it to take a long time to shoot.
- Battery life: Check the batter life of the item
- Special features: Features like slope reading is good to have, espicially on hilly golf courses.
Other Popular Topics
- Golf Driver Swing Tips
- Stop Hooking With Golf Driver?
- Fix Slicing with Driver?
- Master Golf Putting
- Types Of Golf Clubs
- Golf Driving Range Practice For Beginners
- Perfect Golf Grip
- Master Golf Chipping
- Golf Iron swing tutorial
- Stop topping your fairway woods
- Golf hybrid tips and drills
- Improve your golf pitching